It's been a busy week. We started off with an extra dog (a friend was out of town). On Sunday we decided to sign up for a gym membership. I was going to do it in the fall when YDS starts preschool, but DH and I talked and decided to do it now. We'll have to adjust the budget, but our health is worth it.
Breakfasts:
Pancakes: DH made yummy wheat/flax pancakes with cheesy scrambled eggs.\
Cinnamon Swirl French Toast: DH made this too. It was great. I bought some cinnamon swirl bread of the clearance rack at the grocery store. DH whipped up some french toast with it, baked some turkey bacon and made cheesy scrambled eggs.
Chai Chocolate Oatmeal: This as pretty good. I was out of cocoa powder so just used a handful of semi-sweet chips. Not sure how much that changed the flavor/recipe. I'll probably make it again as an indulgence breakfast. It's was a bit over my normal breakfast calories. Especially on an oatmeal day. =)
Lunch/Dinners:
Perogies & Sausages: I found some frozen perogies at the dollar store a while back. I baked them according to the directions. I threw a whole keilbasa sausage on the pan with them and we had raw spinach salad with it. Simple and oh so yummy!
Fish Sticks and Tamales: Talk about convenience foods. Frozen fish stick baked with tator tots for the boys. Steamed frozen beef tamales for DH and I. Spinach salad on the side.
Pasta with Chicken: While I boiled up some whole wheat organic flax pasta I saute'd some chicken on the stove. Once it was almost done I added in some chopped artichoke hearts and a can of diced tomatoes with garlic. Once plates I sprinkled it all with grated parm cheese. Mmmm!
Mole with potatoes: I adore having a chest freezer. After our big NYE mexican fiesta there were a ton of leftovers and i just portioned it into ziplocks and threw it in the freezer. I roasted some yellow potatoes to go with the Mole I pulled out of the freezer for dinner this night. To roast them I just skinned them, coated them with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and peppered them and baked them at 350 for about 45 minutes. I tossed them 1/2 way through. We had steamed peas/carrots to go with this and a sprinkling of 'farmers cheese'. YDS wasn't thrilled with it, but DH, ODS, myself and my friends kid I was watching all enjoyed it.
We got another BB this week so I look forward to more fresh produce in our meals this coming week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment