Saturday, March 22, 2014

I made bread bowls!!

We love bread bowls. They are so cute and tasty and comforting. There is no logic to this. They are not amazing for you. But I can't help but love love love them. I don't however love paying the price for them when we are out to eat. So when I saw this recipe pinned on Pinterest I HAD to try it. I pinned it right away. And then I spent a few weeks gathering my courage.

When we received most of the ingredients for this soup in our Bountiful Basket I knew it was time. Suck it up and do it lady!! So I did. And I am glad. It was actually pretty easy. And very yummy.

This is what the yeast should look like after it's sat in the warm water for a few minutes.
The best explanation I've read for the temp of the water is to use body temp water. If it's warmer than you let it cool, if it's cool when you dip a clean finger in add some hot water and try again. 

This is my dough prior to the first rise.
My house is cool in the winter so I preheat my oven to it's coolest temp (175) and turn the oven off.
Then I let the dough rise in the oven.

This is the dough after 2nd rise

These are the 4 bowls during their rise.

Done and Yum. I still need some work on cutting the insides out. I ripped through the bottom on two.
I just stuffed some bread back in to cover one, and used the other for something else. 
I filled these delicious bread bowls with a creamy Broccoli Cheese Potato soup. YDS wanted to try drinking his through a straw so I did blend the whole pot really well with my immersion blender before serving. Tasty! (the straw didn't work too well. it was really thick and hard to suck up. but he had fun trying. i was busy eating and forgot to take a picture. sorry)

No comments: