ProducePalooza in our house. This weekend was our week Bountiful Baskets came to town. I love this program. It forces me to get creative with food and try things that are not in our normal rotation. We also get plenty of our regular choices too though!This week in our conventional basket we got 26ish mini sweet peppers, 2 bundles of asparagus, 6 mandarin oranges, a clamshell of strawberries, 2 head of brocolli, jicama, 2 grape tomato clamshells, a bundle of bananas, 2 grapefruit, 1 head of cabbage, 2 head of lettuce and 2 english cucumbers.
I was super excited for the grapefruit. YDS had really enjoyed the sample of grapefruit from Costco a few months ago. However they only sell those cups refrigerated, and it's not something we would eat often enough to take up that much fridge space. So I keep telling him no. This morning he was frustrated with me because I forgot to cut some up with his breakfast. I guess the Strawberry Chocolate Chip waffles and Cheesy Scrambled eggs with peppers and tomatoes weren't good enough. Haha. Anyway. I cut some up for him for snack. He might have taken 2 bites before he gave the plate back to me. Booger. I think I might try again in the morning, this time with a little salt on some.
We also opted in for two of the extra's this week. We are splitting the strawberries (8 clamshells) with friends, and will totally snarf on the Lunchbox pack. We already busted into the snap peas and tri-colored carrots with lunch. See those big things in the styrafoam cushions? Those are pears. I'm going to have to do some research and figure out how to know when they're ready and how to eat them. They're huge.Between the regular basket and our extra we are going to be loaded up on vitamin c for the next week or two at least! Look at all those freaking oranges! So excited!
2 comments:
How do I sign up and volunteer? I've been waiting for BB to come to the area! I'm soo excited!!!!! jodeepeterson@yahoo.com
Go to http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ and look for the location in your area! Create an account right away if you don't have a lot of site options. I know it sells out pretty quick here.
Post a Comment