We've made it through 4 winters up north now. This one seemed like the worst. It just hit us hard. Normally I don't feel it so much but I really hit a funk this year. I didn't want to go do as much, I had a hard time keeping the house up to standards, the thought of working out was hilarious. No. Just no.
Luckily the snow is melted and the warmth is here. I've found my stride again and I'm feeling more like myself. We even re-evaulated the budget and opted for a gym membership for awhile. We found out if we go at least 12 times a month we get $20 back (EACH!) every month. What a great incentive to get in there. That covers almost all of the monthly fee. It was hard getting back in the habit of going but now I'm just loving it. The evenings I don't go leave me feeling like the day was missing something. And I'm looking forward to the sauna next winter!
The warmer weather brings on grilling weather instead of casserole weather. So many less calories! Our CSA starts is a few weeks and I'm excited to see all the new veggies we'll have to find a way to eat. We used our discover 'rewards' points and ordered a pressure canner last weekend. I'm excited to can some of the stuff we can't eat. New adventures galore!!
So what have we been eating?
Today (wed) we let ODS pick and ended up with pizza (and salad for us, carrots for the boys). other meals:
Grilled pork chops and asparagus. Just drizzled them with a little olive oil and used some basic grill seasoning.
Artichoke Chicken Skillet over whole wheat pasta. Except I halved the recipe and used two big fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes. Yum!
ODS made Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie with a package of turkey burger. Love when he cooks for us!
Cheese nachos using Late July lime chips we picked up the other week at Costco. DH was a little nervous about using the lime flavored chips on nachos, but it was soooo good. I can't wait to try it with chicken on it!
Chicken kabobs with canned pineapple and fresh peppers from our Bountiful Basket. I marinated the chicken in a spicy mango sauce I got from the grocery store for about 15 min before compiling.
Plus some ordered pizza nights, plain ole' brats on the grill with chips etc. I'm only listing the exciting ones. haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment