Why oh why am I more invested in writing a blog when it has an assigned day/title? I'm the same way with all chores. I do better with laundry since I moved it to Monday etc. For some reason my brain likes it to be assigned to a day way more than it likes just having a random list of things that need to be done.
This is our first week with ODS gone on his summer visitation. It's always weird going back to cooking for 2.5... We'll see how well I do at sticking to to the menu. I usually move things around a lot, but it's still lovely to have a plan and know what I need from the store in advance. =)
Reviews of new recipes from last week:
Enchilada Pork Roast~ Super easy and yummy! Will absolutely do this one again!
Crepes~ Still haven't cooked it. Made a rhubarb cake Sat night and had that with eggs instead.
Curried Chickpeas ~ Still haven't cooked it.
Monday~ We're going on a bike ride with friends. We have less than $10 in the going out to eat fund because we have been splurging with ODS before he leaves, so I'm going to try and make something I can pack and eat cold. An added benefit of the cargo bike is having space to pack dinner without stress. Just need to research yummy cold dinners.
Tuesday~ Tasty Lentil Tacos We've never tried these before. YDS has been on a 'no beans' kick so who knows if he'll eat them. He has to try 4 bites and if he doesn't like it, we can easily turn it into a cheese roll up instead. =)
Wednesday~ Carrot Pasta Another new recipe. But it sounds super yummy so I'm not nervous about this one.
Thursday~ DH is out of town for a meeting so YDS and I will nosh on grilled cheese, salad and baby carrots. Easy and yummy and I don't have to buy anything.
Friday~ FFYS. DH has a guys night planned so we need a quick and easy dinner so he can be at the starting point by 6pm.
Saturday~ For breakfast we'll probably do these Breakfast Enchiladas with a few extra veggies thrown in. Need something easy since mornings after nights out usually don't have lots of energy involoved. Lunch I have Pesto Chicken Sandwiches on the menu. Another new recipe but I'm super excited by the idea of spinach pesto. Mmmm... Dinner is up in the air. I'm a finalist to win a new vehicle and we have to be at the dealership basically the whole night just in case I do win. Fingers crossed.
Sunday~ I think a simple veggie/cheese egg scramble will be perfect. Then FFYS for lunch. I want to try out this new Cornbread Salad recipe. I'm hoping it makes for yummy lunch leftovers all week.
No comments:
Post a Comment