Saturday, June 21, 2014

Menu Plan Monday 6/16/14 (a little late)

Adjusting the Menu Plan blog a little. I'm always looking for ways to keep this interesting (for me and you) and easy. Feel free to give suggestions.

It was a busy week for us since both the boys had camp. It worked out well though. They both had fun and we still have relaxing time to enjoy the beginning of summer break.

Sunday~ Fathers Day. Made for an interesting menu. ODS woke up early and scrambled some eggs for DH. I made some fruit salad and toast to go with it. He wanted pizza for lunch so we went out and grabbed some from one of the sit down joints. Dinner time rolled around and everyone was still feeling full from a late lunch. About 8 we ran out and used some deals to get everyone Frozen Yogurt for $3. Not a typical dinner for us, but fun for a holiday. Right?
Monday~ Pork Enchiladas with salad. This was a new recipe and I was a little nervous, but it turned out really well!
Tuesday~ FFYS
Wednesday~ DH was out of town for a meeting. The boys enjoyed some Annies Mac N Cheese with raw carrots. I had a salad with leftover enchilada meat since there was almost 2c of meat leftover from Monday.
Thursday~ We grabbed some fast food at ODS' request since he couldn't get this kind till he comes home in 7 weeks.
Friday~ Grilled chicken, french fries, grilled asparagus with baby carrots and apple slices. We had friends over. DH's and the kids all ate together while my friend and I ran away to a home sales party. We snacked on some of the leftovers when we got back. Super fun. I love having a hubby that is supportive of this kind of last minute fun. And having a fully stocked fridge/pantry/freezer so that we can figure out a healthy and yummy meal for everyone at the last minute. Good times!
Saturday~ Breakfast was a quick veggie/cheese/egg scramble with mango slices and toast. Yum. DH ran off to work so YDS had a PBJ for lunch and I had salad with leftover enchilada meat again. So simple. Dinner was Taco Pasta. Leftover taco meat (from the freezer), whole wheat pasta, throw in some tomatoes & spinach and shredded cheese. Drizzle with salsa if you want to. Salad on the side for a low cal filler. Yum.
Sunday~ I'm going to try for some 'healthy' Crepes. Will have homemade yogurt and cherries for filling. Or reconstituted choc PB2. Whatever. Lunch is FFYS. Dinner will be another new recipe of Curried Chickpeas. They seem like it would be good leftovers for lunches.

No comments: