Last week flew by! ODS is off visiting family, YDS is in camp in the mornings, some of DH's friends moved to town so we've been enjoying visiting with them and helping them get settled. The scale has been my friend, but I'm not going to meet my goal before I head off to visit family this Friday. Bummer. Its going to be odd heading off without DH again, but I'm super excited to see family and friends.
Reviews of new recipes from last week:
Curried Chickpeas: So good and easy. I think I used extra chickpeas since we made them from dry instead of canned, so I'll add extra spices next time, but there will absolutely be a next time. Delish fresh and as leftovers. We had to make it a different night than planned since I soaked out beans but forgot to cook them. Silly me.
Cornbread salad: DH made this. He's not one to actually follow most recipes. He likes to read them to get an idea and then do his own thing. It was super yummy, but I don't want to review it as the actually recipe since there were so many changes. YDS and I got sucked into an exciting game of Disney Monopoly Sunday afternoon, and DH decided to cook so we could keep going. It was awesome.
Monday: Going on a bike ride with friends. We'll grab something on the way home.
Tuesday: Parmesan Kale Pasta with salad
Wednesday: Spicey Peanut Kabobs with salad
Thursday: Southwest Quinoa Salad, it's a rice recipe, but I'll swap it for quinoa since that's what we have this week.
After this I won't have a menu for a few weeks. I'll be at the mercy of friends and family and what they have planned. Hopefully they let me help cook/clean. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment