I've never made Ruebens before. I always thought Rye bread was GROSS. But on a whim I tried the Rye from the local bakery. It was very mild compared to any other Rye I had eaten, and I really liked it. Since we had leftover corned beef (lots of sales on it before March 17th) I decided we should try it at home. Please excuse my picture. It not my prettiest. lol
I just shredded the leftover beef (and removed the massive amounts of fat, I think it was about a 50/50 ratio?). We used provolone cheese since we're not big fans of swiss. Spread some 1000 Island on the inside of the bread (buttered on the outside) and added a layer of sauerkraut. We tried grilling the bread on the George Foreman grill in a Panini style sandwich, but that didn't work so well. Next time we'll just use the griddle pan. G likes his!

B wasn't such a big fan. He did sneak a few slices of meat out of his sandwich, but had no interest in picking it up to take bites. Instead he ate his sides: dinosaur leaves (spinach salad), strawberries and ketchup flavored potato chips (I opted for the potato salad instead of chips). Plus he got some leftover mac n cheese.

B wasn't such a big fan. He did sneak a few slices of meat out of his sandwich, but had no interest in picking it up to take bites. Instead he ate his sides: dinosaur leaves (spinach salad), strawberries and ketchup flavored potato chips (I opted for the potato salad instead of chips). Plus he got some leftover mac n cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment