Then today dawned super cloudy with no sunshine. And I got a lovely burn on my hand making breakfast (I was pouring the hot water over the oatmeal and B bumped into me). All day long I tried to get up and clean or prep dinner and I just couldn't do it. I played with B, I made our food and I kept my fingers cold.
By the time G got home I knew it was do or die time, and I didn't want to cancel that late so I borrowed some of that teenage energy and picked up a bit. He helped by dusting and entertaining his brother. I was working on the floors when J got home, and he pitched right in to sweep. I didn't even ask him. It was wonderful!
When they got here we sent the boys downstairs, and the kids got right to playing. I sprinkled some Old Bay on frozen (because they hadn't defrosted at ALL after 8+ hours in the fridge) tilapia. Then I threw them in the oven on a broiler pan and baked them at 350. The tator tots went in the other oven according to the direction on the bag. Yum! I steamed some green bean and got the baked beans simmering on the stove. I really love a variety of food out. The fact that I put out two flavors of bread, spinach and potato salad (plus cooked hot dogs for the kids) proves that. I think everything turned out quite tasty for as much of a slacker as I was today.
I really should have taken a picture of dessert. It was one of the tastiest cakes I've had in a long time. My friend made a gingerbread cake (that she brought fresh out of the oven), fresh whipped cream and a sumptuous warm caramel sauce. It was divine! Part of me wants to ask for the recipe and the other part of me is scared of just how much damage it would do to my weight loss plan.... Maybe if I just made the cake part? Mmmm...
So it's barely 9pm. We had a wonderful evening visiting with friends and eating good food. The boys are both in bed, and all the dishes are done. I think we'll watch another episode of Grey's Anatomy. We're on season 5 now, and she finally said yes to McDreamy last night. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment