Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lazy Sundays

Daylight Savings Time (DST) starts today. Stupidest idea ever. I saw a picture of facebook that kind of sums it up. It was a derogatory remark on a picture of a Native American Indian. It said something along the lines of only the white man would think cutting a foot off the top of the blanket and sewing it on the end would make the blanket longer. I guess the theory of keeping work and meal times more in line with the rising and setting of the sun makes sense but I guess growing up where they don't practice DST, I don't 'get' it.

We enjoyed seeing the clock read 8:30 or so when Bean came in to wake us up. From there we got up for breakfast. I decided I was going to have one of those frozen Jimmy Dean pancake on a stick things. I pulled it out of the freezer, wrapped it in a paper towel and put it in the microwave. 4 MINUTES later I was distracted from sorting through a pile of papers by the awful smell in my kitchen. Ooops. The paper towel was black and there was smoke coming from the microwave. Thank goodness for the warm weather that blew in because we needed to air the place out. Luckily J was already in the process of making french toast, so we still got a tasty breakfast. And prob healthier too.

We took advantage of the great weather and spent the day outside on the bikes and running. It was WONDERFUL getting back on the bikes after months of it being to cold for B. Short little trips (still layered up with jackets and mittens), but still lots of fun! I was feeling a bit lazy by the time dinner came around. We had some turkey burger in the fridge so I came up with this:I got half a package of turkey burger in the skillet and G took over. He got it all browned up and then added the taco seasoning (1/2 a packet of store brand) and some water. In another pan I make a pouch of instant garlic potatoes. Plop down some potatoes, add a scoop of taco meat, sprinkle with cheese and pair it with a garden salad. Dinner is DONE.

No comments: