Thursday, February 27, 2014

Purple/gray day

Have you ever noticed yourself wearing the same clothes over and over? Even when there are plenty of other choices?

Being human, I noticed this first in my husband.  The only reason it annoys me when HE does it is because I'm the one who hangs his clothes up. In the crazy crowded closet. So why is the closet crowded if I'm forever washing the same 8 shirts??? I let myself get good and frustrated with it before I talked to him about and then I caught myself doing it.... Unfortunately for me, he had a logical answer and I had to get over myself. Lol

Ok. I'm off track of the post. So I finally notice I'm doing the same thing. I'm always wearing a few shirts that I feel flatter me the most. Then I'll mix up other shirts in there to stretch out the rest of week. That leaves a dozen or so shirts that barely ever get worn. I don't spend extended time outside so I wear what I want and throw a jacket on unless it's colder than -20 out. I do try and make sure to wear a sweater when it's that cold.... 

I needed a fix to this problem. I tried to just make sure I wore everything. I gave up on organizing by type and hung them up in the order they had been worn. That way the most recently worn/washed stuff was on the right, and the stuff I needed to wear was on the left. But I caved. A lot. I would see my favorites and just keep wearing them. So I decided to just stop bringing my clean clothes up from the laundry room until I had worn all my other clothes. I'm not going to run downstairs in my bra to get a different shirt. At least not most days. Lol

So this morning I open the closet and what do I see? NO shirts. Not a one. They're all hanging downstairs. I do have a few cardigans and some layering tank tops. So I pick two out and rock the outfit. Purple tank with black and gray striped cardigan.
It's cuter when my arm's aren't stuck out like that. Promise!
At this point I'm running late for our play date so I throw some easy shoes on. It's not till I'm putting them back on to head home that I notice they are gray on the outside and purple inside.


Then I'm vacuuming this afternoon and see that I match the vacuum too.

I found it hilarious and decided to share my silliness with you. That is all. You're welcome. :)

No comments: