Sunday:
~Breakfast: I don't remember what was on the plan. DH and I went out with friends Saturday night and ended up not getting home until after 1am. YDS doesn't sleep in, so I was still quite tired. I compromised with breakfast and diced up fresh veggies for scrambled eggs, but made frozen waffles to go with. so yummy!
~Lunch: It was a fend for yourself kind of day. I think the boys had leftover pizza and DH had a smoothie. I had salad? It's been more than a few hours. I forget.
~Dinner. I had my famous hamburger roll on the menu. But on Saturday I got a free ticket to a concert so ditched out on the guys and had more girl time. SWEET! I prepped all the ingredients for DH to throw together some nachos. Not because he couldn't (I honestly feel he's a better cook than I am) but to show him how much I appreciate his support of my having a life outside our home. He rocks.
Monday: Potato Leek Soup This was the basic recipe, but we lightened it up some. We used skim milk (and DH says a bit less he doesn't usually bother with actually measuring), and turkey bacon. Although he used 6 slices of the turkey bacon... It was a work day for him so I did start out doing the cooking. It probably wasn't the smartest day for me to try the mandolin out. Go read that post if you want details.. =( Anyway, DH finished up the soup for me. It was supper yummy! Now I'm excited for more leeks in upcoming Bountiful Baskets or CSA's. =)
Tuesday: ODS won't be home for dinner, and one of the preschools we are looking into for YDS has an open house. I think I'll take advantage of one of the many BOGO burger deals around town and skip the cooking/cleaning.
Wednesday: I'm going to attempt a stuffed acorn squash recipe with that gigantic squash we got in our basket this weekend. I think ODS will have to cut it for me, but I should be able to do the rest. We'll see how my finger is doing tomorrow. I'm determined to find ways to do as much as I can by myself. It's just a sore finger right?
Thursday: Creamy Chicken with a few changes. I'll be skipping the mushrooms to start with. For two reason. 1: They're gross 2: I didn't get any in my basket. I will incorporate them into the menu when they are handed to me, but ewwww. =) Also I will be using my own cream of soup, so it probably won't be celery. We'll see.Will probably mix in fresh carrots from the beginning too instead of using a frozen mix.
Friday: DH will be out of town. He has a meeting out of town Saturday morning and it's just easier to go the night before. I have pork chops on the menu, but no recipe picked out yet. Probably baked with sweet potatoes, apples and cinnamon. Yum!
Saturday:
~Breakfast will be fend for yourself. My guess. Oatmeal for me. cold cereal and fruit for the boys.
~Lunch: Frozen pizza and salad with fruit
~Dinner: BBQ pork with tots and salad/fruit. Keeping it simple because I am hosting a wine night. So excited! If you are local please consider this your invitation. Message me if you want more details.
Friday: DH will be out of town. He has a meeting out of town Saturday morning and it's just easier to go the night before. I have pork chops on the menu, but no recipe picked out yet. Probably baked with sweet potatoes, apples and cinnamon. Yum!
Saturday:
~Breakfast will be fend for yourself. My guess. Oatmeal for me. cold cereal and fruit for the boys.
~Lunch: Frozen pizza and salad with fruit
~Dinner: BBQ pork with tots and salad/fruit. Keeping it simple because I am hosting a wine night. So excited! If you are local please consider this your invitation. Message me if you want more details.
No comments:
Post a Comment