Sunday, February 23, 2014

Menu plan 2/16 revisited

So. I've realized that I don't stick to a menu very well. And in not sticking to a menu you would see a lot of repeats each week as I just move the meal to the next week. The joy of planning around my pantry & freezer is that it's super flexible like this. So starting now the menu plan will be what we had instead. Then it won't be so repetitive. Hopefully. lol

Sunday:
~Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with tomato/spinach and frozen waffles
~Lunch: FFYS. Smoothies/pizza/salad?
~Dinner: The guys had nachos. It was MNO for me.
Monday: Potato Leek Soup
Tuesday: We went out. DH had a burger and YDS and I split a slider meal. ODS was on a school fieldtrip.
Wednesday: ODS rocked the Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe. He swapped the nuts out for some leftover taco meat from the freezer. it was super yummy and we only had one serving of leftovers. ODS said he wasn't thrilled with the texture of the squash. I'm such a lucky mom. Even with not liking it he had half of it gone before he said so. I told him he had done so awesome with it he didn't have to finish. Adding the meat instead of nuts made for lots of leftover 'stuffing' so he filled up on that instead.
Thursday: What a confusing night. When we made plans to go out on Tuesday we thought we were going the open house for a potential preschool for next year. When we got there I had the day wrong it my head and it was really Thursday. With nothing prepped for dinner we decided to go out anyway. Then Thursday we decided to use some leftover gift cards and go out again. Way too much eating out, but that's what happens when I don't pay attention to details. =(
Friday: FFYS. DH was out of town for work. We did bad bad things. YDS had some chef-boy-r-dee (dinosaurs, no meat) and I had a sausage/gravy pot pie. these are not things we normally keep stocked in the house. I must have gone shopping hungry and found some stuff on sale/clearance. I think ODS had a sandwich. He ate later because he didn't want to take a break from his xbox game when YDS and I were eating. I'm not pushing a schedule on a super relax night.
Saturday:
~Breakfast: FFYS: I had oatmeal. YDS had cold cereal (dry), a gogurt & raisins. ODS slept through breakfast.
~Lunch: Schwan's ham pizza. I don't think I've ever had it before. It was pretty good. I got a crazy good deal on my first order through a friend's fundraiser so there are a few of these stashed away in the freezer. Great for lunches! We had fresh pineapple with it since I spent most of the morning chopping up the remaining 7 pineapples from my Bountiful Basket order last Saturday. And a few baby carrots.
~Dinner: Great mom moment here. We didn't eat dinner. I was having a wine tasting for my friends. A friend of a friend does this as a new at home sales party deal. Think Pampered Chef where they come make you food using the product, but wine. Super fun. I had fully planned on warming up some pulled pork and making sandwiches, but time slipped away and my friends were here before I knew it. I had lots of munchies out for the party and everyone filled up on that. Spinach Dip (Knorrs, the recipe is on the back of the vegetable soup mix packet), veggies, crackers, meat and cheese tray, fresh pineapple, sliced apples and monkey bread. The kids made plates and took it downstairs to eat while watching tv. The adults just munched while we partied. =)

Sorry for the lack of recipes this week. Not a lot of home cooking on my part. I'm hoping for more next week.

No comments: