Anyhoots. I saw this on another blog. The latest one I've fallen in love with. I don't know her. It's one of those random finds. Check her out if you want new ideas for eating healthy-ish on a budget (and maybe more? I dunno I told you it was a new love). Hopefully she doesn't mind me linking you back. If she doesn't like it I'll delete it. Whatevs. I will be linking a lot of blogs. I either find them on Pinterest.com or in the Babycenter community. I don't keep track of who I find where. If I link them I like them and I figure they probably want the advertisement if they're bothering with writing a blog. Not that I want people advertising for this blog. I do this for you (my friends and family). And to have things written for when my boys are older and I forget everything.
So my oldest picked the menu for most of this week. It's part of celebrating his birthday. We do birthday WEEK. You don't do chores, if you want something you ring the bell and someone goes to get it for you (a drink etc), and you get to pick the menu (including one meal out). It helps make you feel special without costing more money. Birthday parties and presents are expensive enough. =)
Sunday 2/2/14:
~Breakfast: Fend for yourself. I had coffee at the bake sale, ODS was sleeping. Not sure what YDS or DH did.
~Breakfast: Fend for yourself. I had coffee at the bake sale, ODS was sleeping. Not sure what YDS or DH did.
~Lunch: Tacos and tots. Not super healthy, but it was yummy. With the dinner we had planned the day was shot anyway right?
~Dinner: Smorgasboard. We made Nachos (with leftover supplies from his bday party), chili (leftovers from Dads work competition) and pigs in a blanket. Lots of raw veggies to go with this.
Monday 2/3/14: It was supposed to be Pizza Puffs. At 5:30 I started to get all the ingredients ready to realize the flour container was empty. Luckily I had a 25lb bag downstairs, but that meant sorting it into new storage containers since I haven't gotten around to buying my foodsafe 5 gal buckets yet.... Bleh. 10 minutes later I'm back to gathering the rest of the ingredients. Get all the dry stuff measured. Time to start on the wet. Uhhhh. Eggs? Oops. Put a lid on the bowl of dry ingredients and asked the birthday boy if grilled cheese would work. Luckily it did. So Monday was Grilled Cheese on wheat bread and more raw broccoli/cauliflower/carrots to go with. Hubby and I had some chili too.
Tuesday 2/4/14: Pizza Puffs with marinara to dip in and the raw veggie mix to go with.
Wednesday 2/5/14: I think we'll head to a local burger joint. It's one of our regulars and we still have a gift certificate or two left.
Thursday 2/6/14: Alfredo Gnocchi. I buy the gnocchi at Costco, but will attempt my own sauce. I've made it before and it was amazing. I just can't remember if it was this recipe, or not.. We'll find out, right?
Friday 2/7/14: We'll be going out. It's not often I get the opportunity to eat for free, so I like to take advantage when I can. =)
Saturday 2/8/14:
~Breakfast: Chai Chocolate Oatmeal
~Dinner: Baked BBQ Pork Chops, baked sweet potatoes and steamed veg. I don't really have a recipe for this stuff. I clean and wrap the potatoes in tin foil. Bake them at 350 for 45 min or so. Then I put the chops in a glass baking dish and put a good layer of BBQ sauce around. Bake them with the potatoes for another 45 min or so. Veggies are either fresh or frozen, whatever is around.
During the week breakfast is pretty much fend for yourself. I usually have oatmeal during the winter. The guys either have cold cereal or frozen waffles (the boys must have a fruit with their choice). DH has been testing out different smoothie recipes, or he might have oatmeal with me. Especially if I crockpot steel cut oats. Yum! I might join him on the smoothie kick in the summer, but it just doesn't work for me with snow on the ground. I need something warm to go with my coffee to make up for having to leave my nice warm bed.
Lunch during the week is rather boring. ODS eats at school. DH brings leftovers, frozen meal or a wrap. I usually have leftovers. YDS has leftovers or a sandwich. Or an just sandwich fillings but no bread. Or. He just eats all sorts of wierd stuff that sounds good to him that day. If it has a dairy, a meat plus fruit and/or veg I'm good. He usually likes to add a carb too, but I don't require that nonsense. He gets plenty by choice.
Lunch during the week is rather boring. ODS eats at school. DH brings leftovers, frozen meal or a wrap. I usually have leftovers. YDS has leftovers or a sandwich. Or an just sandwich fillings but no bread. Or. He just eats all sorts of wierd stuff that sounds good to him that day. If it has a dairy, a meat plus fruit and/or veg I'm good. He usually likes to add a carb too, but I don't require that nonsense. He gets plenty by choice.
2 comments:
Hi,
I tracked back to your blog from the link you posted. I'm glad you like reading Zero Dollar Diet. It's cool to see what other people are cooking for dinner too - really helps me think about new ideas.
T
Right? If left to my own devices we end up eating the same thing all the time and then are more tempted to go out because we're 'bored'.
Glad you don't mind me linking to your blog at http://zero-dollar-diet.blogspot.com/ =)
Post a Comment