Saturday, February 8, 2014

Menu plan Feb 9th 2014

Last week was a crazy week for me. I'm going to attempt to keep this week a little smoother. Hopefully. We'll see. I'm not real good at not keeping crazy busy. It starts off with lots of open days and I guess I'm just too much of a people person. =)

Sunday: No big plans for the day. DH has to get a project done at work and I need to get through some paperwork for my latest MOPS project. Won't take too long but it's easier to do when ODS is home to distract YDS a bit.
Breakfast: Carrot cake oatmeal This meal can be hard when you are out of eggs and baking soda. Oops. I probably should have made a grocery store run today. The boys refuse to eat oatmeal. I see YDS having a frozen waffle and ODS having cold cereal with his friend when they wake up at noon. 
Lunch: Sandwiches. We have yummy low sodium turkey slices right now and some raw spinach left. Mmm. Pickles and apple slices to go with. Keeping it simple.
Dinner: Pasta Bake with spinach and chicken I'm glad I'm posting this tonight. I need to remember to get the mozzarella & spinach out of the freezer so they're ready.

Monday: I have a quick meeting after dinner so I want to keep it simple. I'm thinking some quinoa with chicken and veggies. I'm out of jarred garlic so I better squeeze in a trip to the dollar store in during the day. I love keeping that stuff around. I know we could use fresh garlic, but it seems to get old before I use it all. For $1 a jar this stuff is just so easy to use and it lasts forever.

Tuesday: Love getting the cooking done early. All I will need to do around dinner time is make some brown rice and pull out some salad. My kind of dinner. I used up the last of our soy sauce on fried rice on Thursday so I better get some of that before Tuesday. Crockpot Orange Chicken

Wednesday: Leftovers. I think there will be plenty left over from the last few meals and it's usually a crazy day for me around the house so a day with no cooking will come in handy. On the odd chance that we don't have enough food I can throw a can of chili into a baking dish and top it with some cornbread before baking. 

Thursday: Gnocchi with alfredo sauce. I had this on the menu last Thursday but I invited friends over at the last minute. We're down to our last package of gnocchi and it wouldn't have fed everyone. DH will be at work late so this is a great meal for the boys and I to nosh on and relax.

Friday: Uhh. It's Valentine's Day. We don't do a lot of celebrating this holiday in our house. We're not into fighting crowds to do some fancy dinner we can't afford (since we have TWO birthday dinners this month in our home). Plus I'm just not interested in coming up with homemade crafty stuff to make every year. And then DH would just feel the need to buy me something. More fun to just skip it and enjoy the lack of stress. We do however love buying the Papa Murphy heart shaped pizza for $7. We'll watch a movie and destroy that with salad mix from the grocery store. Now if only redbox would send us a free code to use. Right?

Saturday: Date night. One of my friends has an annual murder mystery dinner. Last year was the first year we were able to go, but it was hilarious. I'll have to find out if the boys want me to buy them an extra heart shaped pizza or if ODS would rather whip up some mac n cheese. Either way he'll be happy to get his weekly night of cooking dinner done on an EASY night. Last week he made Bruchetta Chicken on Saturday night. It was really tasty, and he didn't ask for any help other than asking where ingredients were.


No comments: