Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Breakfast snowballs

Fresh out of the oven
<-- That is a picture of my breakfast snowballs right out of the oven. I found the recipe here. I do not know the author, but dang she does a good recipe blog. What a brilliant idea for a brinner!

I did alter the recipe slightly. I forgot to defrost the sausage, and her pictures didn't look like frozen meat. So I used the pre-crumbled bacon I buy at Sam's Club. I just sprinkled a little but on each one. I didn't measure anything. I kinda enclosed my meat/cheese inside the buiscuts. It was tasty this way, but next time I thing I want to make it more like hers so the meat is spread through the whole snowball. A few of my bites were all biscuit.
This was 12 of them on a regular sized dinner plate
I served them with some of the applesauce I made this weekend, and grapes. They boys and I drank some of the apple juice from our apples too.

There was only one leftover. Although honestly, that is mainly due to G. I had 2, I think J had 2 or 3. B had one. The rest were all G. He also had 2 or 3 servings of applesauce, 2 bananas and lots of grapes. Darn it, is he going to grow AGAIN? I just bought him a new winter coat...

I went back to the store today and bought biscuits to try the pizza snowballs this weekend. Maybe to munch on while we watch football this Sunday? YUM!

No comments: