So so sad. I knew last night as I put the covered pan of apple cake in the oven that I shouldn't be doing it. We do NOT store things in the oven. When we have leftover tasty baked goods they go in the microwave. There is no reason to start the microwave without first opening the door, but the oven is pre-heated before you put the food in.. I have no idea why I did it, especially since I second guessed myself as I did it.
I thought about it again this morning when I got up. More in the line of ohh, breakfast appetizer before J & G wake up than as a worry for the food/pyrex. I talked myself out of the extra calories (yay me!) and skipped it. An hour later when J woke up and started breakfast the food/dish didn't even cross my mind. Not even when he double checked that I didn't have a meal plan for the biscuits in the fridge (I did, but I told him I'd go buy more!)...
A few minutes later when Jason opened the oven to put the biscuits in and smoke filled the kitchen I remembered. Oops.
I will try to chip off the plastic later. Hopefully at least the glass can be salvaged. So Goodbye my favorite well used covered pyrex 8x8 dish. I will surely miss you! And the delicious apple cake it held. We hadn't even eaten 1/3 of it...
3 comments:
Ruh Roh.
sad day
Yeah.. It's October 20th now, and I haven't gotten around to cleaning the oven. What's the hurry when you have 2? lol
Except G made cookies today. And of course he preheats the 'little' oven before I remind him to use the big one. I haven't looked at how much worse that made it. The smoke was pouring out when he tried looking at it, so I'm just going to stick my head in the sand for another day or two.. Whatever.
Post a Comment