9:57am~ I like to feel welcome. I want people to feel welcome at my house. It's actually been a topic at MOPS this year already. How comfortable are you welcoming people into your home unexpectedly (or even expectedly). What if the dishes aren't done, or the floors aren't clean? Seriously I don't even notice that stuff when I do to other peoples houses. Well, I mean if there are week old dishes with food still on them I might, but not if there's just the random dishes that most of us have from yesterday or todays meal (that have usually already been rinsed). At this moment my floors haven't been swept/mopped in 2 weeks or so. I haven't vacuumed yet this week. And I still have muffin tins next to the sink from those glorious breakfast snowballs I posted about. (I would link that, but I'm not wasting my 5 minutes ~ Go look, it was really recent and totally worth your time! YUM!).
But I'd still love to welcome someone into my home today. I've been in an entertaining type mood lately. In the mood to have people around me. A smile, a place to plop by bottom, and something to entertain my kid is about all I need to feel welcome lately. Skip the cleaning and food (or add it as a bonus, but it's not needed). What makes you feel welcome? And when do you want to come over and hang out? Seriously.
Oh crap. I'm out of time already. This goes way too fast! 10:02am
Edited to add: Want to know more about 5 minute Friday? Check it out here:
No comments:
Post a Comment