So today started out pretty normal. B woke me up at 5:30 trying to get into bed with us. Normally I walk him back to bed and he goes back to sleep. If I send him on his own he stands in the hall crying. This morning, it worked. He got to climb in bed with us. He was crying because he was wet. Friday night he asked to skip the diaper. He's been dry around 20% of the time, so we gave it a try. It worked. He was dry Friday night. Last night be made it to 5:30am. Good enough. I stripped him down and sent him to the bathroom just in case, then he climbed in bed to snuggle. Thanks to this we got to sleep in till 8am. SWEET!
We had breakfast, I rode down to Walgreens to sell a couple coupon books, friends came to visit. Then we went down the street to have lunch with other friends and celebrate their daughters dedication at church. Super sweet to be part of that. J finally convinced B it was time to come home (with promises that I'd bring him back soon).
Then started the exhausting part. Applesauce. It was about 4 when we got back. I immediately settled in to my task. My amazing friend S lent me a canning starter kit when she found out I was wanting to start canning applesauce. She wouldn't be using it for a bit, and that way I could try that system out to see if it was the one I wanted to buy. It was, and I already have. Except the stock pot. I haven't found a good deal (less than $10, I'm expecting to get it used at that price). And now she needs her stock pot back so she can work on her fall canning. So the pressure is on to get all my applesauce done. I only had 16 pint size jars left. The goal was to get 15 of them full tonight. That means chopping 15 pints worth of apples (about 1/2 a rubbermaid bin if you were wondering), simmering them, smashing them (this is the easy part), then canning them. 3 at a time, because that's how the kit works. From when I started at 4, to when the last batch was done around 11:30
there was not a moment that my stove was not on doing one step or
another to make applesauce.
Whew. It's 11:45. I canned 15 pints of applesauce (plus 3 plastic containers are full in the fridge) and my kitchen is clean but I'm exhausted. And Miss Smarty Pants here never got around to getting B's sheets out of the dryer to make his bed, so he's in bed with Daddy. Rather than fight that battle all night, I think I'm crashing on the couch. G'Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment