If Hallmark can create it's own holidays, we take the liberty to move those holidays around to fit our family life better. Since G is with his Dad on Fathers Day we rarely follow it on the day it is listed on the calendar. Usually we move it to another weekend before or after. However this year I failed to plan adequately... The weeks leading up to Fathers Day were a bit crazy getting ready for the big trip, and Fathers Day itself was the first weekend the boys and I spent in AZ... Mom/Wife fail there.
Anyway.... We moved the holiday to today. The first Sunday in Sept. Mainly because it's the first time that J hasn't been working since we got back. I didn't figure Fathers Day would be near as much fun if you had to go to work for 5 hours of it (7 if you count the commute)...
He picked Donuts for breakfast, lunch a local favorite burger joint (that just happens to have an AMAZING beer selection, go figure), and my famous Hamburger Roll for dinner. We got him a small fishtank, and new hat (I'm still trying to talk him into a picture I'll post it if he lets me) as presents. Besides that he'll be spoiled with not having to do anything he doesn't want to today. Such as dishes, getting his own drinks, the tv is in his control etc.
We were watching True Grit this morning and B wasn't too interested. So he was playing instead. This is a good thing. We'd much rather have him play than watch it. His choice of attire was too cute not to share. Please enjoy his spiderman pjs, superman cape and Nerf sword.

No comments:
Post a Comment