Friday, September 28, 2012

5 minute Friday: Grasp

I happened upon this idea today and I want to try it out. I make no promises on how long I will continue, but why not. 5 minute Friday means I take 5 minutes and write (basically unedited) for 5 minutes about the topic given to me here.

6:20
I wonder if I grasp the true intentions of this project. I know that I do not want to become part of the community they have. It's a great idea, just not a direction I feel pulled in. I do this in hopes of having more for my 'followers'/friends/family to read. I write because I'm a big fan of journaling. Because I miss the massive conversations about everything that we used to have in high school. Or when I dropped B off with my sister every day on the way to work. There's just something about seeing people every day that opens up communication. You talk about everything under the sun. I had it a bit at work too.

As a SAHM I don't. I talk to my husband. I talk to my kids. I see my MOPS gals a couple times a month. I try to meet up with L and work out twice a week. I do get the conversation there! lol. But I'm not sure I grasp the idea of this project in the way the people running it want me to. I'll try to follow them as much as possible since I'm using their writing topic though. Hopefully I won't offend.
6:25

Wow. You would think I would be able to write more than that in 5 minutes. Guess not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Lisa jo Baker's blog... glad you started doing the 5 minute friday challenge. :)