Friday, September 2, 2011

5 Question Friday 2011_09_02

I did not get any additional question suggestions last week so I googled most of them this week.

1)
do you have any tatoos?
Nope. I'm a chicken and haven't found one that will look good on me when I'm all old and wrinkly.

2) Why do you write the date like that?
I like to be able to sort things and find them in chronological order. I use the underscore because it was easily visible and acceptable for using in a title while saving photos etc.

3) Whats the ONE thing you have taught your children that you hope they take with them as they set out in the world as an adult?
I think one of the scary parts of parenting is that there isn't ONE thing to make sure your kids learn. There are hundreds if not thousands. I want them to be honest. I want them to be loving. I want them to follow the 'golden rule'. I want them to not have sex if they aren't ready for it to produce a kid. I want them to realize that marriage is FOREVER. I know I'm divorced, but I honestly believe that I did EVERYTHING I possibly could to make my first marriage work. I HATE that my child has made comments about his "first wife"... I want them to know that money isn't everything. And so many more...

4)
What is your current favorite tv show?
My guilty pleasure is Secret Life of American Teenager. As a family I think our favorite is Bones. As a couple I think our most watched show is Big Brother. These can all be hard keep up on without cable and the DVR.Thank goodness for Netflix, Hulu and online episodes..

5)
Can you drive a stick shift?
It's the automatics that give me trou
ble. I've been driving a standard for so long that I forget when I'm in an automatic and try to shift...

Don't forget to comment here or on FB with questions for future 5 question Fridays!

No comments: