Uh!! Not a great end to the week.
As I posted earlier Gman was sent home from school with a fever on Tuesday. He had itchy eyes and a headache too, but other major symptoms. Wednesday he didn't have a fever, and no complaints on the itchy eyes or headache for most of the day. Thursday he had a headache, but no fever in the morning. He took some tylenol in the morning, and said he had a great day at school. We tried to go to the 3rd grade music program in the evening, but after getting there 30 minutes early he was tired and we left before it even started. I gave him more antihistamine before bed, but no tylenol.
This morning he felt warm, but we took his temperature and he wasn't running a fever so he went off to school. I felt fine when I woke up this morning, but by the time I left for work I was feeling a little lightheaded. It happens sometimes when I didn't drink enough water the night before so I just filled my bottle up and didn't worry too much. By 9am I was really not feeling great though. I was feeling lightheaded, like I wasn't getting enough oxygen or something. I used some medical time and just took a nap on the couch in the breakroom. When I woke up I ate a snack and felt a little better. But around 11 I wasn't feeling great again. At least the lightheaded feeling didn't come back.
I decided to use some more medical time and left work at noon to come home. I hadn't even hit the elevator at work yet before the school nurse called. Gmans fever was back. She said his tonsils are a bit swollen but no sign of "flu" or strep. I called the doc to see if they had an appt (per her advice) today, but they didn't have anything till Monday. I booked that just in case, but for today we're just chilling.
Gman is set up in the living room watching cartoons. He's got some crackers and a bottle of water. I'm holed up in the bedroom with the TV. I stole some of Jason's bugles and have my water bottle. Cheese Puff seems fine. He's been moving around and kicking off and on all day. Hopefully if we just keep pushing the fluids and resting it won't get any worse.
2 comments:
Popsicles cure EVERYTHING. Especially fudgesicles... If you need me to drop some (or anything else) off let me know. Feel better soon you two (and a half)!
You stole my Bugles? Seriously? I thought you knew better? As long as you shared them with my cheesepuff then I'll let it slide :)
Post a Comment