Saturday, May 9, 2009

AC & Produce

We'll just start with the AC. Jason called me whle I was on the way home last night. The Air Conditioning on the house was out again. He went up on the roof after dinner to see if it was the same thing as last year. Unfortunately no.

Luckily I am blessed to have a fantastic Uncle. He had up since 4 Friday morning, but he still came over to our house and worked on our AC in the heat and dark (by the time he was available). Luckily for us it was just the thermostat that was bad. They rigged the AC to just run last night. It was reading 57 degrees when Jason left for work at 5am this morning, but that's sooo much better than being to hot. Then Uncle Rick came over this morning to install our new touch screen thermostat. Now its just waiting for the house to warm up enough for the AC to kick in at 78... A much better fix at $60 than the hundreds I was picturing. =)

Plus my cousin came with him and we got to hang out. I don't know that we've EVER actually just hung out other than at family parties. So that was super nice to. I'm about 10 years older than most of my cousins so we never really bonded on the level that I saw them all bond together at. Nice to see at least a little bit of that go away as they get older. We even went Goodwilling together this morning. Good times!

On to produce.

I heard about a program called Bountiful Baskets earlier this week. It's an online co-op for produce. I ordered my basket for $15 (and paid online) Tuesday. Then this morning at my scheduled location and time I went to go pick it up. I brought my laundry basket and filled it up with the pile they gave me. Was extremely surprised and thrilled with the result. So thrilled that I'm sharing the deal with you.

This is a picture of everything I got for $15: A 10lb bag of potatoes, a clamshell of grape tomatoes, a Costco size bag of mixed salad, a Costco size bag of broccolli florets, a head of broccoflower, 2 huge cucumbers, 3 orange bell peppers, 2 bunches of banans, 8 huge green apples, 6 plums, 3 large oranges, a clamshell of strawberries and a canteloupe. No way I could have gotten all that for $15 anywhere else! And everything is in great condition, to the point that the bananas are still a little green! If you're interested in seeing if they have a pick-up location near you visit http://02b8ce3.netsolstores.com/ I know I plan on going next time. I'll probably even get the extra Asian pack. One of the girls I was in line with got it last time and said it was filled with snap peas and all sorts of other yummy stuff. Oh, and you can go organic for just $10 more (although you get a different selection with that basket)!!

1 comment:

monkey's mama said...

wow! that is amazing!!! i wish they had that here!!!