Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

We decided to do a semi-traditional Thanksgiving this year. I woke up early and went to the store for supplies. When I left Gman was watching the parade in New York. I came home and made cinnamon rolls with orange slices, coffee and cocoa for breakfast.

For dinner we're going to make all the yummy sides: mashed taters, sweet taters with marshmallows, stuffing, green bean casserole, veggie tray, lettuce salad, jello salad, those yummy Hawaiian rolls, a bowl of black olives, and pumpkin pie. A turkey is way too big, and way to much work for just the three of us, so I just got some chicken drumsticks for Gman. They're his favorite part anyway. Now I just have to figure out some recipes for some of the stuff I've never made before (like the pie, and drumsticks)

Tonight we'll relax and play games or watch a movie, and tomorrow go shopping early in the morning, and then more relaxing. Saturday we'll hit the Goodwill 50% off day and Sunday is a big family dinner at Grandma's house.

What am I thankful for this year? My job, Jason's job, our health, having each other. It's been a good yet uneventful year for us. It's given us time to travel and see places we've never been, and to begin making our preparations for a hopefully soon to be expanding family and the changes that will come with that. I'm thankful for the support group of friends that I have. Some old, some renewed. I'm thankful that my sister is feeling like she's in a better place than she was this time last year.... It's been a good year where I have been able to appreciate the fact that while there's is always more to "want", I have everything I need and more....

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday, and have plenty to be thankful for too.

No comments: