Monday, September 1, 2008

Dyson Days

I'm tired of putting a vacuum in the landfill almost every year. I mean, I send them to Goodwill or give them away on Craigslist or Freecycle (and hopefully someone has the knowledge to fix them and gets more use out of them) but still....

I figure spend about $100/year on vacuums. Sometimes I spend more and they last a little longer, or a little less and they last a little less. It's uncommon for it not to average out. So we decided if we're going to spend that much money we may as well just get the Dyson!!

It's still not out of the box, so no pictures yet but I had to post. Maybe I'll update it later. For now I'm just going to tell you how it all went down.

Full price the Dyson "DC17 Animal" is $549. Jason looked online and found out that it was on sale at Best Buy for $494, and we had a 12% off coupon. I checked online and it wasn't on sale at Bed Bath N Beyond, but we had a 20% off coupon. So either way we went it would be about the same price. Buuuttt..... If we bought it at Best Buy we would get the points, so we went there.

Problem with that is that Best Buy said you could only use the coupon, OR get the sale price. Uh!

So we drove home and got the BBB coupon, and drove back there (back because they're both about 4 miles west of us). That was a GREAT plan. They matched the Best Buy online price, AND we got to use the 20% off coupon. YAY!! $395 for a $539 vacuum that has a 5 year warranty and is super high rated! And my floors are finally going to be clean!!!

(Please note that while I loved my Roomba and my Hoover Rewind they do not keep up with 2 cats and a 9 yr old very well)

5 comments:

Jayne said...

So stinkin' jealous...

monkey's mama said...

i love my oreck! luckily it was a gift!!!

Punky said...

Oreck huh? If I remember that in 5+ years when this one is replaced I'll look into it. =) TY!

Annie said...

Is it still running?

Punky said...

Maybe it will let me leave a comment now? I've tried 5 or 6 times but it never shows up...

I do still have and love the Dyson. It has held up two 6 years of having 2 animals most years, now 2 kids.

It's a little heavy to haul up and down the stairs, but still awesome.