We are home. After three amazing weeks off visiting friends and family we are home. It's so incredibly hard to say goodbye and not know for sure when you're going to see people you love again.
This summer we decided to go see my brother. When ODS was little we lived withing driving vacation distance. So one of us would drive to see each other once every few months (at least in memory it might not have actually been that often). Usually we went to him since that was way more exciting. We did a lot of hanging around and free stuff so the cost was pretty much just the gas. Then life happendc and we both moved. Now it's a multiple day drive or a pricey airline fee. He's been up to see us a few times so we decided it was our turn. In researching flights I discovered it was only slightly more expensive to go to AZ before and after OR vs a straight flight to his area.SWEET!
We were able to see lots of family/friends and check the Seattle to Portland bike ride off my hubby's bucket list. This morning it's kinda windy and for some reason listening to the trees through the open windows (since it's cool enough for them to be open, geez I don't miss that heat!) it's reminding me of getting up early to sit with my coffee and watch/listen to the ocean for a bit each morning. Nature is so amazing!
After 3 weeks of never sleeping alone YDS made it through the night in his own bed last night. While we were gone he always seemed to find a room with me, a cousin or his brother in it to sleep in. Even if that meant sleeping on the floor. I was a little nervous how it would go combining the time change in with solo sleeping. He rocked it though. Reinstated a bedtime routine and it worked. There was minimal fussing (as expected) at the beginning. But no 10,000 reasons to get out of bed or be checked on, and he didn't join us in the middle of the night either. I'm knocking on wood and hoping that it continues.
Another 2 weeks and I get ODS back. I can't wait. I love love love where we live, but I really dislike having to ship him off for 6 weeks every summer. We did take him with us to OR so it's really only been 9 days since I've seen him, but I miss him anyway. I sure hope he stays home/close for college so we can still see/feed him often. =)
If you want pictures you're going to have to go on facebook. Or message me and I can email them to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment