See, normally my life is rather boring. I like it that way. I enjoy having the occasional event worth writing about, but I enjoy the routine we have. Switching it up every once in a while is fun. Today was/is one of those days. So here's what I've done so far
4:15 kinda sorta wake up enough to say good-bye to the hubby when he heads out of town for a business trip. Not waking up and enjoying coffee with him, but it's what happened, so I guess I'll make it up to him later. Maybe I shouldn't put that in writing... That could mean an awful lot of foot massages... Oh well.
6:30 wake up enough to see if G is awake for school, but fall back asleep (The 'goal' is to wake up and hang out with him between breakfast and the bus, but I obviously failed at that today. Maybe I'll let him talk me into riding for froyo to make up for it...)
7:00 actually wake up. Yay! I did get to see him for a little bit before he had to leave for school...
7:30 Check in with the person I had plans with at 8:45. Rearranged for a different time. YAY! I wasn't ready for that meeting anyway. lol
Then the tedious little things like eating breakfast, checking the email etc.
10:00am Wait what? Where did the time go? Oh well, I finished up the letter I needed to write for the school and have my lists written for the day. I asked B if he wants to ride the bus or the bike to go get groceries. He picks bus.
10:30am Catch the bus. In honor of Earth Week you can ride for a can. I wasn't thinking and brought a can of food.. They wanted an empty soda can. Oh well. I had cash to so just paid for the ride there. Bean has a blast on the way there, and there's a car cart available at the store so he's a happy camper. We get what we went for (plus an item or 5) and use coupons/sales to save 42%. All of this is loaded in the grocery bags we bought with us and we head towards the doors just in time to watch the bus drive away.
2 min later B informs me he has to go potty. Good thing we missed the bus! We load the bags in a cart and head back into the grocery store to the bathrooms WAY in the back. Luckily he made it. Back outside we sit and enjoy the soda that was on sale for $.49. (Now we don't have to pay for the ride home! That's $1 additional savings!)
20 min or so later the bus comes. Right before we get to the next transfer stop B informs me that the soda has made it's way through and is ready to come out. No biggie. The transfer stop is only a few stops from the house. Off the bus and hop on the next one.
45 seconds later I realise the we just jumped on the wrong bus. B is wriggling away reminding me that he has to go. I was a little worried since he is only 2.5, but if I get off the bus not only will we have to wait 30 minutes for the next one, but we'd have to pay to get on again since we don't have another empty can and passes are only valid at the transfer stations...
What feels like an hour later we get back to the transfer station. B is still wiggling, but hasn't gone yet. We grab another transfer pass and book it off the bus. There isn't an actual station with bathrooms here so we cheat and find an enclosed fence area. He's little, it's allowed. Poor kid wasn't joking when he said he had to go. That was prob the most I've ever seen him go. Big high fives for holding it for so long and we go to wait for our next bus.
1:15 and we're home. He's happily picking dandelions from the grass and I'm impatient to get the groceries off my shoulder. Not to mention I'm hungry.
2:15 groceries are put away, lunch is done, he's down for nap and I've written this out for you. Enjoy.
No big plans for the rest of the day. I'm wiped, but it was a grand adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment