Friday, October 7, 2011

5 question Friday 2011_10_7

Ever been skinny dipping?
Nope. 1. I can't think of a time where it was ever brought up as an option 2. I would have been too scared of getting caught.

Can you fake any accents?
I don't do it on purpose. But I've been told that if I talk to ANYONE with an accent I'll be picking up on it and working it into my speech after a conversation or two. Which is silly because I'm HORRIBLE at them if I TRY. lol

Mile High club?
Read the answer to skinny dipping.

favorite teacher?
Sra. Deever. I definitely had other teachers that I liked, but there was never another teacher that made you feel as supported in life. I know she didn't agree with all of our actions, but she was ALWAYS there to talk to about stuff. She spent so much time reinforcing our self esteem and trying to make sure that we knew that our future was up to us. She's the only teacher I've ever wanted to go back to school and talk to, and wondered how she was doing. I wish there were more teachers like her.

What cha been up to this week?
B had his 2 year wellness check. J had to work out of town so we were on the bike. It was a good workout with the wind, but we got there with time to spare. I asked why the office didn't have a bike rack and he said that the doctors had been wondering that for awhile, and it was great timing for me to ask/complain because they had a meeting that afternoon where he could bring it up. Woot! Hopefully I can help them get one...

B did great. He stepped up on the scale by himself (28.4lb~25th%) then stood calmly to be measured (50th%) and head circumference (75th%). He's following his curve perfectly. He met all the goals the dr talked about, and was already up to date on his immunizations, so no shots! Yay!

That night I had a PTA meeting at the school. We've been approving lots of grants lately, so it'll be nice to see the coupon book fundraiser (this month!) and the book fair (this month!) help put some money back in the account. J still wasn't home from work, so I biked to the meeting. Lucky for me a friend had room in her van to give me a ride home. It was after 9, and I still hadn't had dinner.. I just wasn't up for the ride home.

It was windy again on MOPS day and J was out of town for work again, so B & I took the bus. He just loves riding the bus! I almost rode my bike because of having to shell out the $2.50 for the bus trips, but I'm really glad I didn't. It was WAY to windy! And the $2.50 was WAY less than the $100's we were paying out on the car every month. Being a one car family has taken (is taking?) some adjustment, but it's just wonderful!

G had football practice this week, but no games. He says he feels like he's getting better at blocking all the time. I'm super proud of him, and so glad it's as much fun for him as he thought it would be!

J got his "winter bike project" started on Sunday. I think he's really looking forward to having space in the garage to work this year. Now we just need to figure out an affordable bike rack and space heater. They also started a new "wellness" challenge at his work, and he's been doing awesome at meeting the daily challenges. Something about having a group to work with and daily goals that someone else picks for you make "wellness" soo much more fun! (at least for me!)

No comments: