Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

It's 10am on Christmas morning. We have A Christmas Story playing on the TV, and everyone is smiling.

For Christmas Eve we had dinner at Wayne & Sue's. All the local family was there, and I got a call from Carrie in Tucson too. It was nice to see everyone again, and to sit outside under the heaters and chat. Gman joined us at about 9pm, just in time for dessert. We left around 10pm to come home and make cookies for Santa. While they were in the oven we all opened our new PJ's (hopefully a tradition in the making). Then Jason was able to log on to Woot and get a random bag of crap. Yay! He's been trying for three years to get one of the limited bags! Last year in addition to the crap (action figures, lighters etc) they sent out wonderful gifts like 36" TVs. So if we get something great we're in luck, and if not it's only $8... After that we went to bed to wait for Santa.

Gman woke up about 7am. We came out and did stockings and presents, and then had breakfast. I had bought a Boston Creme Braid from one of the fundraisers this fall and it turned out fantastic! Jason used his new French Press to make coffee, and I boiled the water for that and my tea in my new whistling tea pot.

What else did I get?? Um.. a larger memory card for my phone, wireless headphones for the gym, and heart rate monitor for the gym, a rice cooker, a fantastic looking pregnancy journal (because it will happen eventually) and bunches of other stuff.

Gman got Heeleys from Santa, a Darth Vader light saber, books, Star Wars action figures, Tech Deck stuff, a spy kit and a Nike football (that I can remember), Oh! And we added him to the text plan so he'd love to get one from you! We'll still open the gifts from the Gma's later today when they're available to hear/see.

Jason got some tool for his bike, the French Press, Dutch Bro's stuff, Wall-E stuff, a remote control helicopter, a book and other goodies.

We're just going to relax for most of the day. In a little bit I'm going to get up and throw the bean soup together in the crock pot for dinner. My Gma and GGma will be coming over to have dinner with us and do our present exchange then. We got Gma a car charger for her phone, and a thing for her keys, and GGma got massage slippers.

The living room is fairly trashed for now, but ya know.. I'm okay with that. I'll clean up a little later. So here are the pictures we took this morning. I'll add more later if we take them.

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas too! If we didn't get to see you know that we're missing you and wish we had!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Alicia, I'm so glad you had a good Christmas I'm so jealous you get to spend so much time with Grandma. Well your great grandma but give her a great big hug for me! I didn't know you all had been trying for a baby I wish you the best with that and oh yeah A gun! a gun are you kidding me? Granted I am a hovering mother who totally shelters my kids but no I would not appologize for that I think you have every right to say what you did. Hey we love you guys tell everyone hello for us.

Katie said...

unfortunately I didn't even get to see kim while she was up here. so close and didn't even come visit geez what's up with that?;)