Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas fun!

I know this has been going around, but Jason asked me to make one for us, and I figured I would share with you. Go Elf yourself!

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/lKgUxvyqEH8qATqd

Gman did a great job at his musical on Thursday. Lots of cute songs about America this year. He's excited to only have 4.5 days of school left before break. This year has been a little more stressful than the last few years. Just not as good of a meld with his teacher as the other years. Not that any years have been smooth sailing but still... She's not a bad teacher/person it's just not a great meld this year, and I'm not feeling the support from the principal this year. I even got a "maybe it's your child" last time I tried to say something. So I'm stepping back for a bit and just letting it go. As of the last progress report he was still getting passing grades so it can't be too bad right?

No news on the baby front. Looks like he's got other plans for us. I know it will work out when its supposed to... And I know it takes awhile sometimes. I just know that it didn't before, and I'm not a patient person. But I'm doing my best to take it all in turn and find all the silver linings. For now the delay has allowed child support to kick back in, which will allow us to have all the credit card debt paid off, and every month delay will help with the rest of the bills even more. So... That's one of the positives...

Did I tell you we got new couches? I've wanted new living room furniture since shortly after we moved in here. The rectangular shape to the room didn't work well with our one couch. But I'm also "a little" stingy. I just couldn't talk myself into spending hundreds of dollars on new furniture while we had other debt.. Ya know? It doesn't bother Jason as much, but he knows it bothers me so he's kept his eyes open. He came home the Sunday after Thanksgiving saying that there was a set at a garage sale down the street. We had to go take our family photos so we did those, and on the way home stopped to see if they were still there. They were!! They are so beautiful! It's a chocolate brown microfiber loveseat/hide-a-bed couch set. They guy sold them to us for $200 delivered!! I came home and immediately reposted our couch on Craigslist. I had it on there for $300 with no real offers, so I tried for $200 this time. Someone had come to pick it up by Tuesday for the full asking price. So it was a straight swap for a new set! And now I have a bed for people to sleep on if they come over!

1 comment:

monkey's mama said...

yay for new furniture!!!