Wow. Last week seemed SO busy. YDS have Vacation Bible School Sun-Wed evenings. So most nights DH and I met up with friends while he was busy. Then had an extra kid all day Thursday. Then made plans to watch a friends kids all day Fri/Sat/Sun while a fellow MOPS mom worked her 12 hour weekend shifts. I love that people trust me to be their backups. And YDS is thrilled with having these kids to himself for three days. So many giggles in my house over the weekend!
Our house is FULL of produce. I share a full CSA share with a friend. Most weeks it's a 50/50 split, but she was headed out of town this weekend and didn't have time to prep stuff so I think I got closer to a 75% share this week. (awesome!). Plus I've been missing having a variety of fruit available so we ordered a Bountiful Basket with the blueberry add on this week. I've been washing and chopping and pickling like crazy. It's awesome.
The schedule this week is more low key. And I'll have to use a lot of the recipes I bumped from last week since we went out with friends. Hopefully that helps the scale/waistline too. Crazy how I can gain ZERO pounds on vacation buy find 5 more the week I get home. That was not the plan...
Reviews from last week: Umm. yeah. So I cooked nothing new from last weeks list. I did however whip up a scrumptious batch of these Awesome-est Blueberry Muffins. I did adjust the recipe by sub'ing the oil for more yogurt, using 1/4c less sugar and maybe 1/4c less blueberries. The recipe made about 20 muffins (prob would have been 24 if I had been more careful in making each one equal.... There were 4 left. And only 5 of us eating. The 3 kids were snarfing them down faster than I could count (with turkey bacon and milk of coarse).
Monday: Out with friends, yes I'm aware I said this wouldn't happen as much, but plans are made. lol
Tuesday: The lentil tacos I didn't make last week. Probably put into low carb wraps instead of tacos since we don't have taco shells. With garlic green beans.
Wednesday: DH's company picnic.
Thursday: Last weeks Peanut kabobs with brocolli and mac n cheese
Friday: ODS is finally home from his dads house. I'm thinking Hamburger Roll to celebrate. I'll also try to make a blog post out of it since I get asked about it all the time. However he gets in later afternoon and if he's hungry we'll eat then.. So we might end up out for a light dinner frozen yogurt. We'll see.....
Saturday: The breakfast enchiladas I've been bumping for months, FFYS or out for lunch, last weeks Carrot Pasta for dinner (with chicken on top)
Sunday: Pancakes for breakfast, last weeks pesto chicken sandwiches for lunch, Basic grilled chicken for dinner.
I've decided I like grilling Sunday night if at all possible. It's an easy way to get the protien for DH's work lunches done. It's easy to make a quick serving of quinoa or brown rice to go with some veggies, but he needs the protien or he gets a major 3o'clock sugar craving and energy drop. And we've found that if we cave to the 3pm cravings it's even harder to stay on track through the rest of the evening.
For lunches this week I indulged a craving and bought a bag of pretzel buns from Costco this weekend. We'll have them stuffed with leftover protiens, or I also bought some sliced turkey and cheese. There's plenty of salad for DH & I. YDS will enjoy his with some of the awesome veggies from our CSA and/or apples from the tree. Or we'll have leftovers if there are any.
No comments:
Post a Comment