Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Soup

Last night we had butternut squash soup for dinner. I haven't really fed Bean soup before. He's had the noodle or veggies out of it, but not a dish of it. I decided this soup was thick enough, and at 13 months he was old enough to try it. He let me feed him ONE bite and then refused. He was asking for all the toppings we were putting on it instead (oyster crackers, shredded cheese etc).

I kept trying bites of soup, but he was NOT interested. Booger. So I decided to be brave and just give him the bowl. He's been doing really good at feeding himself lately and I really wanted him to get the vegetables in the soup. The look of happiness on his face when he realized I was letting him do it was worth any mess I might need to clean up. He picked up the spoon and finished the bowl! Little tiny bites to start with, but the whole thing! Yay Beano!!

I've decided you might get little tidbits like this instead of the longer blogs I was doing before. My guilt has been rising for not getting you details, but I just haven't had the time/creativity for writing the whole family story out. So keep an eye on the titles. There might be more that one posted at a time as I keep the topics separate. We'll see.. =)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

i love hearing all the little details! he wasn't eating THAT well when i last saw him. :) man, if you could just have a camera strapped to your head for hours of every day, that would be awesome. then i could see lots of all y'all!!