Happy birthday! You are my oldest son, and it's a little difficult for me to believe you are already 11. Time is just flying by, and it just doesn't seem like it's been that long since I held you in my arms for the first time. This year you have reminded us of how responsible and amazing you are. You still have fun and act like a kid... You have your rebellious and thoughtless moments, but you blow me away all the time with how great you are.
You have taken on being a big brother in our house like a champ! I know that I've been a bit of a MIA mom this past year. Between the naseau and the tiredness of being pregnant, and then all the times I had to feed or take care of Bean instead of doing something fun with you. But you seem to understand so well. I do my best to spend one on one time with you when I can and I hope that you see that. Good news is that Bean is getting bigger and hopefully over the next year we can get back into some of OUR Mommy and me times (although I might need to find a new name for that since your getting old now huh?)
You've been stepping up and handling a lot more chores around the house. I'm sure the extra money in your pocket was a big incentive for that, but I really appreciate it anyway. Last year you couldn't even reach all the cupboards to unload the dishwasher. This year you're up to my chin already!!
School has been a whole new experience this year. Your doing much better in class, and getting your homework done on your own (for the most part). As always your racing through you AR goals, and doubling or tripling them each quarter. Your principal seemed quite impressed with you nominating your teacher for Teacher of the Month. It's the first time at your school that a student nominated their teacher. And your teacher appreciated it so much. You brought her to tears!
No comments:
Post a Comment