So last night Jason wanted to test out the doctors theory on Bean sleeping through the night. We moved the monitor to his crib and set up the receiver on my nightstand. He ate around 9:30, with another snack before he turned in at 10. I heard him fussing around midnight, but didn't go in till he started actually crying a few minutes later. I didn't say anything, but gave him his binky. He quieted down right away and we both went back to sleep. Same thing about 5 minuted later, and again 5 or so minutes after that. Then he slept till around 3, and again, I gave him the binky and he went right back to sleep.
At 5am I tried it again. But around the time I got back in bed he had decided food was more important that sleep. He had launched the binky and was crying again. I decided 7 hours was plenty and fed him. He pigged out so much he threw up a little, but then was a happy smiling, chatty boy.
I figure I'm going to try it again for a few nights. If he eats enough during the day, and stops waking up for the binky great. If he doesn't increase food during the day, or I have to keep going to give him the binky well then I'd rather just lose the hour or two sleep each night of feeding him. Especially since BabyCenter says that if your 10 week old sleeps 5 or 6 hours per night your one of the lucky few. HA!
Also: Unpacked his 3-6 month clothes since he's outgrowing so much of his 0-3 month stuff. I think I over bought a bit for this phase... We ran out of hangers and closet space. I have unopened clothes going to the resale store today, and still had to choose a bunch of the used clothes to take too. Lol. He'll be one well dressed boy this winter. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment