Bean had his two month doctor appt today. He got one shot in his left leg, two shots in his right leg, and downed one oral shot. The oral one must have tasted good because he was smacking his lips right afterwards. But then she started the needle shots and his face turned purple because he was screaming so much. =( I gave him some Tylenol and he's been sleeping since then (except for waking up to eat).
He weighs 12 lbs 2 oz and is 23.5" long. That puts him right in the 50th percentile. The doctor asked if he was sleeping through the night yet. When I told him he was still waking up every 2-4 hours he seemed surprised. He said that babies (even exclusively breast fed babies) usually sleep 8-10 hours straight at night when they hit 13-15 lbs. So he should be sleeping for longer than 2-4 hours now. (He does go 3-6 hours sometimes, but not regularly yet)
The helpful hint he gave was to move him to his own room (instead of sleeping in the bassinet by our bed) because if they're still waking up that often it's usually because instead of letting him fuss back to sleep (because I don't want him waking Jason up) I pick him up to feed him. By doing that I'm not letting him learn to get himself back to sleep...
What I've noticed with Bean is that most of the time I can give him the binky back, or let him go to sleep on his own and I MIGHT get another 20-40 minutes but he's still going to wake up because he wants to eat.
Gman was on formula by now so he was sleeping through by now, but that's not what I seem to remember my friends' kids who were EBF doing. Please Please PLEASE leave a comment or send me an e-mail with your experience on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment