I made the small (normal sized) muffins without the coconut since Gman doesn't like it. Then I added coconut to the mix before making the large (almost Costco size) ones. Delish.
Anyway. The recipe is so simple I thought I'd share.
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium ripe bananas
2 cups flour (i use all purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Optional:
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
or
1/4 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
If you're not using silicone bakeware (or paper muffin cups) grease the muffin tin or bread pan.
Cream the sugar and butter together.
Beat in the eggs, vanilla and banana's until blended.
In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda & salt.
Add flour mix to banana mixture until 'just' combined.
Fold in option ingredient if you're using them.
For all the below times cook until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean:
For a loaf of bread bake for 60-80 minutes
For mini loaves (makes 4) cook for about 40 minutes
For regular sized muffins bake for about 15 minutes
For big ole muffins bake for about 30 minutes
3 comments:
Yup, I love these muffins!
they were yummo and the kids loved them. I had to cook the muffins a little longer than listed and turned up to 350. I think I will try some with crushed pineapple next time.make them tropical! I am in the mood to be back in hawaii!
Hmmm. Maybe my oven just runs hot then, because the original recipe called for longer @ 350 too.. Or maybe it's the difference in elevation? I dunno. Glad the kids liked them! Let me know how the pineapple works out. Sounds yummy!
Post a Comment