Monday, July 28, 2008

Martini's & Manicure's

So I have no idea why more bars don't do this, because I seriously doubt this place would have been so busy otherwise...

Furio's in Scottsdale does Monday Martini's and Manicures. For $10 you get a martini and a manicure. When are seated you get a number and that's your spot in line for the manicure. It's supposed to start at 5:30. I got there at 5:20 to meet my group and they had already started on the manicures and we were #30 in line. So we order our martinis and sit back to talk and wait. Some of the group had already ordered #2 (@ $7 each) before it was our turn.

We got a cute manicure, strip, buff, polish, quick dry. The stylists were friendly. Asking questions to keep you talking for the 5-10 minutes you were sitting there.

Then we went back to relax at our table and drink more martini's while our nails dried. Not a bad idea for the "slow" night of the week. I'm sure I'll be hitting it again someday! I figure $10 for the deal, and a $5 combined tip. $15 is not bad for time spent chatting with the girls in the air conditioning away from the kids, a manicure, and a yummy drink!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Glad you had fun baby! Hope you can do it more often :)

monkey's mama said...

not likely i will be able to do these type of things in north dakota... =( lol.