Today has been one of those days you treasure.
Bean let us sleep in until almost 7:30am. That's a late morning for my lil guy. I woke up with him and let him enjoy some cartoons. I needed a few minutes to start waking up before finishing up the dinner dishes and making my first attempt at 'baked oatmeal'. Turned the tv off after breakfast was going. By then Jason and Gman were up too. After a yummy breakfast I was able to get a few bags of stuff out of the closet VIA someone from Freecycle. And I walked up to the corner store to grab my coupon filled newspaper. Then we hung out playing games and watching Bones on Netflix until lunch time.
For lunch we ran over to the Pita joint I've been wanting to try since we moved. Kids meals were free today so I didn't have to order something I thought Bean would enjoy. He got a grilled cheese pita and a grape juice (we saved his cookie for later). Gman got a pepperoni pizza pita with BBQ chips and soda. Jason got the Gyro pita with a soda and cookies. I got the Falafel Pita with soup and pita chips (I saved them for a snack tomorrow though, the Pita was PLENTY for me) and had water to drink. It was SOO YUMMY!
After lunch Jason rode over to volunteer at the co-op and the boys and I went and picked up some Freecycled clothes for Bean. Darn toddlers grow SO fast! We stopped at the thrift store on the way home and had fun digging through stuff. We found a little something for all of us! And it was fun running into a coupon friend and being able to introduce her to the boys.
When we got home we grabbed Luna and went for a walk. It was great to explore a part of the neighborhood we hadn't been to before. Bean was in his stroller for most of it, but did get out and walk almost 1/4 mile. Jason was home when we got back. He helped Gman study for his Social Studies test while Bean had a snack and I got dinner in the oven. Then G went down to do his music practice and Jason got Bean to take a nap.
My house smells amazing. I tossed some diced chicken together with some diced butternut squash and generously sprinkled it with Jerk & BBQ seasoning. The timer should go off in a few minutes. And by then Gman should be done with music practice. A great end to a wonderful week. I am one lucky mama.
Edited to adjust the font. I could read it in english, but i guess it was all symbols to everyone else. Sorry.
1 comment:
- .... .- - / .-.. .- ... - / .--. --- ... - / --- -. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... .-.. --- --. / ... ..- .-. . / .-- .- ... / ..-. ..- -. .-.-.-
Post a Comment