Thursday night Carrie was able to drive up from Tucson with Terrace to hang out with Gman & Chris flew in after finishing up his latest rotation on Friday night. Due to the H1N1 virus no visitors under the age of 12 are allowed in our local hospitals right now. It was a bummer to hear the news, but he's been a trooper about it! I'm sure a large part of that had to do with both of them being in town to spoil him and not leave him feeling so very left out. And I know for certain that it helped me to relax in the hospital knowing he was with them!
Friday morning we got up early. We had to be at the hospital at 6:15 to check in for the surgery. I was expecting at least a few other moms to there doing the same, but they said I was the only scheduled c-section for the day. Wow. We're guessing the date had alot to do with it, but every day needs positive things too! (And it being Aunt Joan's and Miss Mona's birthday didn't hurt anything in my eyes either)
We were in the operating room by 8:34, and Cheesepuff was born at 8:40. The boys went to recovery after that, and I was wheeled out of the operating room at 9:11.
Everything went great from there. I was up walking and on solid food by that evening. We spent the next few days getting to know him while resting betweens visits from family and friends.
Saturday night a friend ended up having a non-scheduled c-section too. They even put her in the room right next to me! Unfortunately we were on a bit of a different schedule and I didn't get to visit with her too much, but it was nice just knowing that Ritu and family were right not the other side of the wall. Hopefully they get to come home soon too...
The kid already has great timing! He ate an hour before we were set to go, but right before they
Last night was our first night home, and again he's just fantastic. He got up to eat every one-three hours, but he'd eat, get changed (if needed) and go right back in his bassinet. Then he woke up at 5:30am for his feeding and decided he was up. I buckled him up in his carseat and we went out for a walk and the first few rays of sunshine. We only walked 12 houses down, but that was the longest I had walked in one stretch already and I didn't want to push it too much. Then he just relaxed while I made a snack and we watched the news together. He was up for about an hour total then ate again and went back down to sleep a little longer with daddy.
1 comment:
Good luck adjusting to life as a new mom again! It is so tiring but so worth it.
Post a Comment