Friday, December 14, 2012

Wonder


So this 5 minute Friday is late. The original blog used this word in November, but my 30 second search didn't find a current one. If there's one out there I'm sure you will survive reading my 5 minutes on 'wonder'

7:08am
The first thing comes to mind is that song. I'm sure you can find an online video if you search. All that is going through my head is 'I wonder. I wan, wan, wan, wunder'. Something from the 50's? 60's? Who knows.

Wonder can be scary. Scary good or scary bad.

Scary bad: My brother and SIL were in an accident this weekend. It's hard to wonder why. It's hard not to fall into the pit of wondering how our Merciful Father in Heaven could let this happen. The surgery(ies?) and rehab that will be required of her. The strength they will need to find to make it through together. To find a way to pay the bills. The loss of life for the other family. But I try not to. I remind myself to be grateful for the fact that we still have both of them. The relish the communications I hear that they are leaning on each other to heal, not pushing each other away. My brother moved away while he was still in elementary school, and I was wrapped up in my own life of a new small family to depend on me. So we're not 'close'. I love him dearly. But I don't 'know' him. I don't know how much God is a part of their life. I can only pray that they find the peace of him along their path because it has carried me through more than I ever thought I would have to deal with in life.

Scary good: I love the wonder of Christmas. Seeing the magic of the season in a childs eyes. One who is really seeing the beauty of it all. More than just the presents. The way that when people get over their crazy stress shopping they can be so giving and friendly. The wonder of just how awesome the world can be. Of how following the right path can be so cool.

7:21am.
I failed miserably at 5 minutes. Part of that is getting stuck writing something and feeling that what I had to write was more important than a time restriction. Another part was B's wonderful face waking up and saying "Good morning Mama! Can I have some snuggles?". I am NOT telling him no so I can stay on a timeline. I love my morning snuggles. And I've missed a lot of them lately with being so sick.

Five Minute Friday

(I know I'm not following the 'rules' of 5 minute Friday, but still link up so as to not seem like I am trying to take credit for the idea.)

2 comments:

kargelc said...

I wonder, wonder who, who-oo-ooh, who
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

Tell me, tell me, tell me
Oh, who wrote the Book Of Love
I've got to know the answer
Was it someone from above

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

I love you darlin'
Baby, you know I do
But I've got to see this Book of Love
Find out why it's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

(Chapter One says to love her)
(You love her with all your heart)
(Chapter Two you tell her you're)
(Never, never, never, never, never gonna part)
(In Chapter Three remember the meaning of romance)
(In Chapter Four you break up
(But you give her just one more chance))

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, wWho)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

Baby, baby, baby
I love you, yes I do
Well it says so in this Book Of Love
Ours is the one that's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

(Chapter One says to love her)
(You love her with all your heart)
(Chapter Two you tell her you're)
(Never, never, never, never, never gonna part)
(In Chapter Three remember the meaning of romance)
(In Chapter Four you break up
(But you give her just one more chance)

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, Who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

Baby, baby, baby
I love you, yes I do
Well it says so in this Book Of Love
Ours is the one that's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)
I wonder who (yeah)
Who wrote the Book Of Love

kargelc said...

I wonder, wonder who, who-oo-ooh, who
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

Tell me, tell me, tell me
Oh, who wrote the Book Of Love
I've got to know the answer
Was it someone from above

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

I love you darlin'
Baby, you know I do
But I've got to see this Book of Love
Find out why it's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

(Chapter One says to love her)
(You love her with all your heart)
(Chapter Two you tell her you're)
(Never, never, never, never, never gonna part)
(In Chapter Three remember the meaning of romance)
(In Chapter Four you break up
(But you give her just one more chance))

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, wWho)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

Baby, baby, baby
I love you, yes I do
Well it says so in this Book Of Love
Ours is the one that's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

(Chapter One says to love her)
(You love her with all your heart)
(Chapter Two you tell her you're)
(Never, never, never, never, never gonna part)
(In Chapter Three remember the meaning of romance)
(In Chapter Four you break up
(But you give her just one more chance)

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, Who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)

Baby, baby, baby
I love you, yes I do
Well it says so in this Book Of Love
Ours is the one that's true

(Oh, I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who)
(Who wrote the Book Of Love)
I wonder who (yeah)
Who wrote the Book Of Love