Monday, July 16, 2012

When Mom is away the kids will play!


Right? And as the visiting auntie I'm in charge of making sure there's at least a little of this going on right?

The kids are all fighting a cold. And a major sweet tooth. So today I googled until I found a recipe for microwave chocolate cake that we had all the ingredients for. 'A' mixed the first one and gave her smile of approval for flavor before 'V' made the second one. They both had to share 1/2 with one of the little kids. Chocolate cake in the middle of the summer without having massive amounts of leftover, or a hot kitchen! SWEET!

Ingredients:
3 packets of hot cocoa mix
4 Tbs of flour
1 egg
3 Tbs of oil
3 Tbs of water

Spray the inside of a microwavable mug with cooking spray.
Pour in cocoa & flour. Then mix.
Add egg, oil and water. Mix again.
Microwave for 3 minutes.
Enjoy!

I've got less than 2 weeks left of my 6 week vacation visiting family back in Arizona. It's bittersweet. I have LOVED this time with them, but I'm also looking forward to seeing my amazing husband again. Not to mention getting back into the swing of summer with lots of play dates with all our friends back home. I hear my apple tree is producing a HUGE amount this year, and the plum tree is even fruiting (it skipped last summer). 


Don't worry sis, the kids all got the lecture about not doing this without you home, no matter HOW easy it looked. They are sure to leave a crumb somewhere to tell on themselves, and it's not an unsupervised craft/snack! =)
 

No comments: