Tuesday, June 8, 2010

9 months

Wow. I have been a major slacker on this blogging thing. I did not realise it has been 3 months since I did a major update.

Bean turned 9 months old on Friday. He's about 20 lbs now and wearing 12 month clothes. Although, I think he's almost ready to go into 18 month stuff already. He decided not to skip the crawling stage and is roaming around exploring now. Gone are the days where we could sit him on the floor with a toy and expect him to be there when we get back...

He's also pulling himself up to standing and walking around holding on to things now. He's even tried letting go to stand on his own a few times! My guess is we'll have an early walker. He LOVES talking on the phone so if you have 30 seconds and want to hear him either babble or breathe heavily with a HUGE smile give us a call.

We're experimenting with solid foods even though he still has no teeth. He loved fruits and veggies. Sweet potato fries (well, any fries to tell the truth). Carbs seem to be his favorite, and crab has been his least favorite. I got a dirty look and he promptly spit it out when I tried that one.

He has a potty chair now. I bought it with the idea of getting him used to it. You know, put him on it while I was putting his diaper in the pail etc. Turns out he likes it, alot. In the week that we've had it he's used it almost daily. He's not asking for it or anything, but the majority of the time he's put on it he uses it! Yay! One of these days we'll get one for him to use over at the sitters too. Luckily my friend Jayne is just amazing and is a supporter of helping to get him out of diapers before he's 2. We're still MONTHS away from starting to actually train him, but it's great knowing I'll have a support system during the days over there!

*****
Gman has passed the 5th grade (not that it was ever in question, but still). He's very excited to be at the top of the school this year! He'll be continuing in the orchestra playing the violin. There has been random talk of switching to the cello, but it would be $40 a month to rent one and with the violin he's playing my old one... So we'll see. I love the idea of saving money with him playing the violin, but I know forcing him to play it if he's more interested in another will just make it all that much sooner before he loses interest all together...

He's been taking martial arts for a few months now. It'll be slow going over the summer since he can only go to his lessons when he's not at his dads house, but it'll work. The studio he's going to does a mixed arts, so he's not taking one particular style..

*****
Jason and I are doing well. There's nothing new to really tell. We sold my cheap heavy mountain bike to help pay for a newer/nicer one. I tried an "automatic" three speed bike. Not really sure what I was thinking there. I don't know how to drive an automatic car very well, and the bike wasn't that much better. It only lasted a week and is gone. It's really to hot to have Bean out on the bike so we're just keeping our eyes open for now. Will be in more of a hurry when it starts cooling down. You know, in December. Lol.

For those that are interested I have been slightly less of a slacker at getting video's up on YouTube. If you don't already have the channel e-mail or text me and I'll get it to you.

No comments: