Thursday, March 18, 2010

Scared the %#$% out of me!

Have you heard of the Angel Monitor? I hadn't until we went to this sales pitch a month or two before the Bean was born. I fell in love and knew we needed one. We've been fairly thrifty and have bought almost everything for him used. But I knew this was one thing we were going to end up spending the $90 to buy new. Last night made the one million times its worth.

http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/United-States/en/products/angelcare-monitor-AC2012P

The Angel Care monitor goes under the matress of the babies bed. It monitors their movements down to the BREATHE! We didn't end up getting ours till he was already a few weeks old. But I lost SOOO much sleep before that just waking up to check and make sure he was breathing... SIDS is such a scary thought. Once we had the monitor I slept better. Sometimes we'd forget to turn it off when we took him out of his crib. 20 seconds later the alarm rang to let the whole house know...

Well last night (I think it was around 4am) what wakes me up? The frigging monitor!!!! By the time I get to his room the alarm is off, but the lights are still red. At the crib I see that he's rolled onto his back and pulled his blanket over his head. I grab the blanket and he startles and starts doing that "Oh, I forgot to breathe again" air intake that both my boys did as newborns. It's been months since I heard him do that.

I know there's a possibility that he was already breathing on his own (since the alarm had turned off)... But with the noise he made when I moved the blanket I'm not 100% sure of that. Needless to say he spent the rest of the night in my arms, and if you are having a baby, or you know anyone that's having a baby I ABSOLUTELY think these are worth the money. I don't even want to imagine the grief I would have felt to wake up this morning without him....

On that note, I'm getting off the computer for a few minutes of snuggles before I put him in bed and turn the monitor on tonight. Happy St Patricks Day! It sure felt like my lucky day....

3 comments:

Katie said...

Glad he was ok such a scary thought. I always wonder how such a little bundle can cause so much worry!

kargelc said...

tears in mine eyes...

monkey's mama said...

so scary! glad everyone's okay!